The information we collect and how we use it
- When you register for our service we need to know your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number and expiry date. We may also need to know other information from time to time which we will request when necessary.We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for the purpose of makingyour on-site experience safer.
- Transbid gathers this information to allow us to process your registration, process any Transactions you may enter into and process any payments to be made as a result of entering into such Transactions. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with statements of your account (or as required) and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of the Services in general.
- We may also use aggregate information (so no individual Members are identified) and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- From time to time we may provide your information to a customer service agency for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the Services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our Services.
- We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email message containing “No further information” in the Subject box, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, phone calls or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we maycollect such information into a file specific to you.
We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to disclose your information in this way, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyse our web page flow, customise and improve the Services we provide and the content of the website, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and internet safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are what are known as "session cookies", meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some parts of our site;
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control.
Each internet browser is different. Please check the 'Help' menu of your browser should you wish to change your cookie preferences.
How we protect your information
- The internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy and
- Domain SSL Cerificate
- We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information. Furthermore we will comply in all respects with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Sale of business
- If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Updating your details
- If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
How to contact Transbid